Never in a million years did we think style and sweatpants could be used in the same sentence, but with fashion you can never say never, so here we are. This trend is one that definitely comes at an advantage to travellers, since it’s really all about comfort when you’re travelling, especially if you’re planning on being on a plane for more than a few hours.
The key to mastering this look is all in how you style in. Take the J. Crew look featured above as a perfect example of how it looks completely chic and dare we say, even office appropriate (depending on your industry that is). Keep the look classy by wearing a sharp pair of heels or flats and a more fitted shirt, ideally tucked in so you don’t look sloppy. When picking the track pants, look for ones that are a bit on the skinny-side and a colourful pattern definitely looks more dressy. Below are our top picks!
1. Tibi ditzy leopard track pant, $325, tibi.com
2. Rag & Bone wool-jersey tapered track pants, $325, net-a-porter.com
3. Giambattista Valli twill jogging pants, $1,327, shopbop.com
4. THML Clothing printed soft pant with tux stripe, $68, piperlime.com
5. Talula Los Feliz pant, $65, aritzia.com
6. Michael Michael Kors tunisia cheetah-print jersey pants, $90, net-a-porter.com