This summer it’s all about keeping it simple–meaning, you probably won’t be flying off to Paris or Rome, but rather taking a day trip to your local or nearby park. Here’s how to plan the perfect travel-themed picnic.
Travel-Themed Picnic: Make the perfect picnic set up
There are a few key things you’ll need for a great picnic.
- We all know it’s mosquito season! Keep pesky bugs away from your travel-themed picnic situation with these portable Thermacell E55 Mosquito Repeller. They’re rechargeable, offer 15 feet of protection, they’re odorless and super compact. You can also use these at home or camping too. You can get them at Canadian Tire.
- A blanket… look for one that has a waterproof underside to make sure you don’t end up damp!
- Look for reusables–cups, wine glasses, cutlery, straws, to help reduce waste.
- Bring some extra, portable lighting for an evening picnic.
Travel-Themed Picnic: It’s all about the food!
- For a classic picnic bring along your fave foods. I love making my own because it saves costs and saves you from extra touch points.
- I made these quick energy bites–only 5 ingredients including Liva date sugar. This is so cool because it’s literally just dried dates ground into a sugar and works like sugar (also a Canadian owned company!), but it’s full of extra nutrients and fiber. It’s just oats, Liva date sugar, peanut butter and honey. They have other great snack recipes at livafoods.com.
Add in a travel theme (until you can get there!)
- If you want to go with a travel-themed picnic, go for it!
- Go for a Mexican theme–make it easy on yourself–by picking up Quesada Burritos and & Tacos. They’re the perfect picnic-companion if you want to just grab and go because they not only have burritos and tacos, but tons of house-made salsas. They have over 150 locations across Canada. You can get their app at Quesada.com.
- A French-inspired picnic is always chic and fun. Bring some bubbly, French cheeses, breads, and pastries.
- You can’t go wrong with Italian by making a charcuterie board full of olives, breads, cheeses, meats, etc.
- Don’t forget to add in your music with the portable speaker! You can set the travel tone with a little added music too.